Friday, August 9, 2013 at the Fargo Theater, 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Expert speakers from across the country. An audience of 500. A day of relevance, inspiration, and connections.
What if we found life on Mars? What if we completed apprenticeships instead of college? What if everyone in the company was a co-president? What if we taught young athletes to develop their character? What if we created a middle school focused on math and science? What if everyone had access to libraries? What if we used technology to create new learning models?
What if we learned something new?
- 6:30 a.m. – 8 a.m. – TEDxAdventures taking place around our community.
- 8 a.m. – 9 a.m. – Registration at ecce art + yoga, 216 Broadway. Caffeine and calories provided.
- 9 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. – TEDxFargo at the Fargo Theatre, 314 Broadway. Content (breaks too!).
- 12:15 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. – Lunch in downtown Fargo (provided).
- 1:30 p.m. – 4 p.m. – more TEDxFargo at the Fargo Theatre. Content (breaks too!).
- 4:15 p.m. – 6 p.m. – Learning Market / Post Party.
- Lissa Rankin, New York Times best-selling author of Mind Over Medicine
- Jaime Casap, Global Education Evangelist at Google, Inc.
- Jim Thompson, Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Positive Coaching Alliance
- Cathy King, Founder and CEO of World Vets, which provides veterinary aid in developing countries and veterinary disaster relief worldwide.
- Todd Bol, Co-Founder of Little Free Library, a community movement in the United States and worldwide that offers free books housed in small containers to members of the local community.
- Mike Derheim, Co-founder and CEO of The Nerdery a company of 450+ employees, featured in Inc. Magazine (Minot native)
- Heather Zinger, Artist in residence at Roger Maris Cancer Center at Sanford Hospital
- Eric Mahmoud is the President/CEO/Founder at Seed Academy and Harvest Preparatory School in Minneapolis, two Minnesota schools closing the academic achievement gap between white and black children.
- Victor Saad, Founder of The Leap Year Project & Experience Institute
- Adam Gehlhar, Founding member of the West Fargo STEM Academy.
- Heidi Manning, Concordia College physics professor working with NASA on the Mars rover Curiosity project, which is is investigating the environmental history of an area inside Mars’ Gale Crater.
- Brenna Flaugher, Scientist in the Fermilab Center for Particle Astrophysics at the Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory, and project manager for the construction of the digital camera used used for the current Dark Energy Survey, measuring the expansion of the universe.
- Jim Kielsmeier, Founder and President/CEO of the National Youth Leadership Council, and founder of the Center for Experiential Education and Service-Learning.
- James Patrick Shea, president of the University of Mary. Monsignor Shea was inaugurated in 2009 as the sixth president of the university and, at the age of 34, became the youngest college or university president in the United States.
- Sarah How, The Nurtured Heart
- Hugh Weber and his daughter Emerson Weber, Author and creator of Dude to Dad
- AJ Leon, Founder of Misfit Inc, and Pursuit of Everything
- Scott McNealy, co-founder and former chairman/CEO of Sun Microsystems, board chairman of Wayin, and founder of Curriki